The Tanzania Society of Agricultural Education and Extension (TSAEEE) was established in 1984 as a non-profit non-governmental organization registered under NGO ordinance with registration SO 6471. The organization headquarters at Sokoline University of Agriculture, Morogoro. General TSAEE membership extends throughout all areas of Tanzania, while zonal membership is available in three out of seven zones (Lake, Western and Eastern).
The Lake Zone was formed in 2002 at the 2002 National AGM and the executive was elected in 2010, for terms ending in 2013.
- 2002: TSAEE Lake Zone formation was agreed to at National TSAEE AGM of 2002
- 2004: Coordinated local arrangements and hosted the Agricultural Institute of Canada’s International Partners’ Meeting in Tanzania at Ukiriguru.
- 2006: Initiated Western Zone in Tabora
- 2006: Launched Lake Zone branch in Ukerewe
- 2007: Launched Lake Zone branch in Magu
- 2008: Launched Lake Zone branch in Mwanza City
- 2009: Launched Lake Zone branches in Tarime, Misungwi, Kwimba
- 2012: Launched Lake Zone branch in Meatu